Announcements: March 18, 2018
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible; with liberty and justice for all.
- Congratulations to Drew Minkina and McKenzie Snooks.
At the BPA State Conference this past weekend, Drew placed 3rd in Database Applications and McKenzie earned a Statesman Torch Award. Both qualify to advance to Nationals in Anaheim, California in May.
- Congratulations Alyssa Shearer on receiving a Second Division Rating at STATE Solo & Ensemble on Saturday in Cadillac.
- Thank you to all who participated and helped with Mock Rock, it was a great show and I appreciate all of you! Mrs. Hubble
- Seniors- Cap & Gown pick up is tomorrow morning starting @ 10:30. Senior Composite photos will be taken also so be prepared to look your best and wear something that can be worn under your gown (no hoodies).
- Family & Community History Movie Night is Tuesday March 19th at 6 pm. Snacks and refreshments will be provided!
- MS Track Athletes: Please make sure to get your green card today so you are able to practice.
- Attention Football Players: The March Newsletter is ready to be picked up. Please get one from the office or from Coach Wentworth or Coach Wicke.
- Equestrian Sign-up sheet is in the office. This is for grades 5th-8th only.
- ... your Class of 2019 tee shirt orders will be taken by Olivia Tremper. If you are interested in sporting your class tee the cost is $10. Orders will be taken through March 22. Your shirts should be available after spring break.
- Beaverton Activity Center is hosting its second Think Big Talk Series, focusing this year on Health Field Professionals. The Think Big event is scheduled for Friday April 5th from 10 to 1:30. Students interested in science, math, or exploring health fields can sign up with Mrs. Phillips. Registration deadline is Friday, March 22nd.
- Prom tickets are now on sale. Cost is $40.00 for the month of March but will go up to $45 in April. Please see a member of the Junior Class during lunch in front of the Library. The theme this year is "Hollywood Red Carpet" and will be held at The H Hotel in Midland.
- Mid-Michigan Regional Medical Center in Midland has 4 Co-op Positions available for next school year. The application is online. Qualified candidates must have a GPA of 3.5 or better. If interested, see Mrs. Ewert in Room 155 as soon as possible.
- The Beaverton JSHS Drama & Music Departments proudly present the spring madrigal, “A Ring of Lies” on Friday, April 12th, Saturday, April 13th at 6:30 pm in the JSHS Cafe. Get your tickets from any band, choir, drama members or by contacting Mrs. Kintner. Tickets will be available until April 2nd. Come join the fun, and enjoy dinner out with family and friends.
Counseling News: The National Guard will be hosting the Meet the Michigan National Guard event on March 19th. Students will be transported to the Midland Armory to learn more about the National Guard. Sign up with Mrs. Phillips.
Happy Birthday: Happy Birthday today to Addison Drudge and Dylan Hendon!
Today’s Lunch Menu: Sloppy Joe, Mashed potato & chicken bowl
Beaverton Rural Schools will not discriminate against any person or be excluded from participation in, or be denied instructional opportunities, services, employment or in policies governing student conduct and attendance based on sex, race, color, national origin, religion, height, weight, marital status, handicap, age or disability. The District affirms its long standing policy of compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination including, but not limited t Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, The American With Disabilities Act of 1990, the Persons with Disabilities Civil Rights Act, and the Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act.
Inquiries related to discrimination should be directed to:
Superintendent of Schools
Beaverton Rural Schools
468 W Ross St.
Beaverton, Michigan 48612