Announcements: September 12, 2019
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible; with liberty and justice for all.
- Chartwell signup sheet is in the office for September 20th’s dinner.
- Athletic Fees need to be paid ASAP.
- Guest passes for Homecoming Dance due tomorrow.
- Academic After School runs Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 3:20-4:20 in the media center.
- 7th and 8th graders, you only have 2 more days to get your Student Government forms to Ms. Coughlin. There are still some positions which no one has applied for. Please get these forms turned in ASAP! We want to vote for officers on Monday in WIN classes.
- There is a Music Booster Meeting Tonight @ 5:30 pm in the band room.
- HS Band/Color Guard: Report in Uniform by 6 pm Tomorrow night for the game.
- Those attending CMU Band Day on Saturday - Report by 7:45 am. Bus pulls out @ 8 am
- All Band/Choir/Color Guard Members - Orders and Money for Gourmet Popcorn Fall Fundraiser are DUE Monday, September 17th.
- The class of 2022 is having a spaghetti dinner fundraiser on October 11th from 4-7 to raise money for prom. One way sophomores can help out is by bringing in one box of white spaghetti and donation it to the class. We ask that all donations be in as soon as possible and can be given to either Alexis Grove or Stella Govitz.
Homecoming Events: Spirit Week:
- Monday – Jersey Day
- Tuesday – Twin Day
- Wednesday- Decades day/Seniors – 70’s, Jnrs-80’s, Sophmores-90’s, Freshman-50’s
- Thursday-Theme Day- Seniors-Lion King, Juniors-Up, Soph.-Finding Nemo, Freshmen-Toy Story
- Friday-Red, White and Hat Day (no bandannas)
- Student Government Meeting TODAY, Thursday during 6th hour for all that can make it
- Student Government is looking for Chaperones for the Homecoming dance, please see Mrs. Hubble if you know a responsible/interested adult.
- Freshmen float building will be at Grace Simpon's Grandparents which is the red barn in front of the school please see a class officer for a time schedule
- Sophomore float building will be at Grove Industrial Supply; see a class officer for a time schedule
- Juniors float building will be at Brayde Keely's; see a class officer for a time schedule.
- Senior float building will be at Grant’s house on Saturday and Sunday at 9am.
- Flower Scents is offering a Homecoming Special which includes any pant, shirt, selection of tie and vest or suspenders for $69.99
- College Representative Visits are starting back up--sign up in the library to learn more!
Ferris State University--Tuesday Sept 17th at 11:30
University of Michigan--Monday Sept 23rd at 12:30
Central Michigan University--Tuesday Sept 24th at 1:30
- The Daughters of the American Revolution have a scholarship opportunity available for students in grades 9-12. More information is located on the Beaverton Junior/Senior high school website under Financial aid and Scholarships.
Event Results: Beaverton Varsity Volleyball beat Pinconning 3-0
Upcoming Events: JV football @ Pinconning, bus leaving at 4:45. JV football players meet in Cafeteria for food at 3:15.
7th & 8th grade Club Volleyball @ Gladwin, game starts 5:00
Today’s Birthdays: No Birthday
Today’s Lunch Menu: Mashed Potato & Chicken bowl, Soft Baked Pretzel, Sweet Potato Cake
Cookies & Pickles sales today
Beaverton Rural Schools will not discriminate against any person or be excluded from participation in, or be denied instructional opportunities, services, employment or in policies governing student conduct and attendance based on sex, race, color, national origin, religion, height, weight, marital status, handicap, age or disability. The District affirms its long standing policy of compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination including, but not limited t Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, The American With Disabilities Act of 1990, the Persons with Disabilities Civil Rights Act, and the Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act.
Inquiries related to discrimination should be directed to:
Superintendent of Schools
Beaverton Rural Schools
468 W Ross St.
Beaverton, Michigan 48612