If you are reviewing privatization, could you look at bringing back custodial in house? Any savings?
The district has conducted the following reviews with these entities for 2019-2020:
- CGRESD Ancillary Services - No savings available for 2019-2020; IDEA Flow-Through funding covers expenses.
- CGRESD Technology – No savings available. The CGRESD houses the District’s server.
- Chartwells Food Service – A Request for Proposal (RFP) was sent out. Only three companies provided bids and two dropped out. Chartwells received the contract. It is cost prohibitive to bring food service in-house.
- Hi-Tec Custodial Services - It is cost prohibitive to bring custodial services in-house.
- Hi-Tec Maintenance Services – It appears that there is potential savings to outsource maintenance workers and maintenance supervision via Hi-Tec. Discussions with Hi-Tec is in progress.
- Transportation – An RFP is being prepared for distribution to various transportation companies (i.e. Auxilio Services, Dean Transportation, Inc., First Student, Inc.). Quotes will be gathered for further consideration.
- Beaverton Activity Center – Savings available; the yearly contribution by the district has been reduced to $10,000/year for the remainder of the lease agreement. The BAC already saves the District at least $18,000/year in gymnasium use alone.